Cdma Unlocked Phones

Monday, October 20, 2008

What is CDMA Technology? How does it work? What is a CDMA Unlocked Phone?

How Cdma Works


CDMA is an Acronym for Code-Division Multiple Access, a digital cellular technology that uses spread-spectrum techniques. Unlike competing systems, such as GSM, that use TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access), CDMA does not assign a specific frequency to each user. Instead, every channel uses the full available spectrum. Individual conversations are encoded with a pseudo-random digital sequence (truly random digital sequence isn't possible). CDMA is suppose to consistently provides better capacity for voice and data communications than other commercial mobile technologies, allowing more subscribers to connect at any given time, and it is the common platform on which 3G technologies are built (today may GSM phones also come with 3G technology).

CDMA is a military technology that was first used during World War II by English allies to foil German attempts at jamming transmissions. The allies decided to transmit over several frequencies, instead of one, making it difficult for the Germans to pick up the complete signal. Because Qualcomm created communications chips for CDMA technology, it was privy to the classified information. Once the information became public, Qualcomm claimed patents on the technology and became the first to commercialize it.

In the United States the best known mobile carriers who uses CDMA technology are Sprint, Verizon Boost Mobile, Altell at al. get it now Verizon is what some "verizonied" friends have told me. Verizon cellular or Verizon mobile technology sounds great but when I had it a couple of years ago I didn’t get great single on my Verizon lg or my audiovox cell phones. I had to constantly leave my house and stand in my backyard to talk to friends this left a bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to Verizon service but most of my friends who have it and live in "normal places" has they tell me have no problem with Verizon it works for them great. I've not written Verizon off completely after all my experience was at least 10 years ago and I m sure they've improved in my area. So if I start having problems with my currently company I will give them a try one more time (pre-paid of course) to test their service.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow great article....